Several more parole hearing transcripts have recently been added to LeslieVanHouten.com. The remaining years and prior to 1985 will also be available soon to view here.
The transcript for Leslie Van Houten's upcoming parole hearing will be available as well, soon after the hearing date, that is scheduled for September 6.
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing is scheduled for Sept 6, 2017. If she is again found suitable by the parole board, the final decision will again have to be reviewed by Governor Jerry Brown for a period of 90 days
If the BPH grants her parole, it will be during the governor's review, that public support and letters will be encouraged. This information and more details will be updated if or when it's needed.
Current and Ongoing programs Leslie is involved in:
• Leslie has participated and facilitated in a number of rehabilitative programs throughout her decades of incarceration. In the past year, her focus has been on, among other things, her community within the prison. (Helping others; being productive; etc)
• Leslie is currently an 'Executive Member of the Advisory Council' Almost a year ago, Leslie was offered this position (Something like a city council member) she has found it to be a rewarding and insightful opportunity to be part of the process of addressing what to do to begin moving forward with programs that offer both rehabilitation and a greater sense of being a part of a community.
• Works directly with a senior psychologist
• Helps facilitate programs for suicide prevention;
• Participates in the Actors' Gang Prison Project that has been at the facility (CIW) several years. This program has little to do with acting and everything to do with accessing emotions;
• Facilitating and participating in the Restorative Justice Victim/ Offender program which focuses on accountability of the offender' actions and responsibility for the suffering it caused;
• Assists with a new program for women who are stuck in addiction and violence. This program is designed to help them gain awareness of choices and offer a more productive lifestyle.
Leslie continues to work as a tutor for the Chaffey Community College. (approx 100 women) Half of the students are participating in a certificate program and the others are working on their associate degrees.
CASE UPDATES AND INFO
-Trial of the Century
-Susan Atkins-Patricia Krenwinkel
-Parole Transcripts 1985-2017
Franklin Hearing transcript 2017
-Tex Watson Tapes
-Criteria Parole Suitability
-Rich Pfeiffer's letter to the DA
-Parole Reversed 2016
THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY BEING RESTRUCTURED AND UPDATED; SOME PAGES MAY BE TEMPORAIRLY DISABLED THROUGH JANUARY 2018